In Part 1 of this blog, we discussed the challenges and opportunities that law firms face in the battle for talent. The panelists, Karen Tuschak, Karen Anderson, and Tiffany Pereira, shared their insights on how firms are looking at paraprofessionals differently, offering them professional development programs, flexible work arrangements, and opportunities for growth and advancement. This shift in mindset is not only beneficial for retaining talented professionals, but also for client retention and revenue generation. In this second part, we will delve deeper into the topic of innovation within law firms and the practice areas that are seeing the most impact.
Here’s what we cover in this blog:
- The corporate sector is seeing a significant shift towards automation and technology-driven innovation
- Firms are embracing technology such as MinuteBox to automate compliance tasks and streamline processes
- Customization is becoming increasingly important, with firms looking to tailor their systems and processes to their specific needs and brand
- Cloud-based technology is changing the way information is accessed and shared in the corporate sector
- Innovation is driving change within law firms and improving efficiency and streamlining processes.
In part 2 of the blog post, we continue to explore the topic of innovation within law firms and the impact it is having on practice areas. Our panelists, Karen Anderson and Tiffany Pereira, share their insights on the corporate sector and how technology is being embraced to improve efficiency and streamline processes.
Watch the full interview, Innovations in Transactional Practice Areas: How Technology is Changing the Game
Tiffany, who works with corporate clients, highlights the shift towards automation in compliance, using technology such as MinuteBox to automate tasks that were previously done manually. She also mentions the importance of customization, with firms looking to tailor their systems and processes to their specific needs and brand.
In addition, Karen Anderson emphasizes the role of technology in corporate and how it is changing the way information is accessed and shared. She also mentions the use of cloud-based technology and the benefits it brings, such as easy access to client records and faster, more efficient workflows.
As we near the end of the conversation, Andrew Bowyer reflects on how the conversation has evolved and how innovation is driving change within law firms. He also notes how technology is being used to improve efficiency and streamline processes, as well as how firms are using customization to tailor their systems and processes to their specific needs.